betterthanispeak

Time is running! And i gotta move. Wasted minutes, days, and years, no more! These are my thoughts about trying to live a better life. It is one in which my own strenth and beauty bewilders me. Where the ptbo trio rock the sweetest most raddest advetures i have ever been on. One where i am realizing who i am now, and who i will be next. I dont stop searching. Neither should you. So read on, welcome to the crazy life and dreams of Melissa Sharon Russell.

Thursday, January 19, 2006

So Tanzania...


So i am thinking of runnind away, but in a new way. In a way that will not leave me tired, weary, and short of breath. The year For God programme will be just that, a year concentrated on my Father, and on serving others (the best way to get your mind off of your own selfishness). I will be hearing lectures on topics in which i can search for wisdom, and truth, and for me to learn, to really base my faith on. Then, i can do relief and development work, live in community, get out of this consumer culture, this impersonal day to day, and seek uncluttered, undistracted joy. I am stoked. As of now, i have little doubt that this is what i should do, but i have been praying continually that God would protect this path from darkness, and doubt, a much as possible, so that i can step out in faith, and stay encouraged.

I really want to do this. I really think it is exactly what i need right now. I want to get out. I want to focus on God, to rely on Him in a place somewhat seperated from the comforts that keep my faith in such a comfortable place.

i am anxious. I want to go now. But it's not for a while. So i will chill out.

Your prayers would be great friends!

melis.

1 Comments:

Blogger .reva. said...

mel..

i really need your help, and you and dan evans are the only one's who really know what's been going on these last bunch of months.. ok year..
but i need you right now.. and i haven't told him anything..
but i'm flaling away so fast and i hate it...
yet why can't i stop!??
help me!
i think that i'm coming up there next weekend to see josh.. can i stay with you one night?
love you..

3:32 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home