betterthanispeak

Time is running! And i gotta move. Wasted minutes, days, and years, no more! These are my thoughts about trying to live a better life. It is one in which my own strenth and beauty bewilders me. Where the ptbo trio rock the sweetest most raddest advetures i have ever been on. One where i am realizing who i am now, and who i will be next. I dont stop searching. Neither should you. So read on, welcome to the crazy life and dreams of Melissa Sharon Russell.

Thursday, January 26, 2006

A good idea...


Jesus said to the religious Jewish leaders, “I can't do a solitary thing on my own: I listen, then I decide. You can trust my decision because I'm not out to get my own way but only to carry out orders. 31If I were simply speaking on my own account, it would be an empty, self-serving witness. 32But an independent witness confirms me, the most reliable Witness of all.

Jesus didnt do a thing on His own. He knew that if He did it was too likely to have himself written all over it. I am starting to learn how important it is to be present in this way. Present in right now. Praying about right now, and throughout each day. It is fine to have passions and hearts that burn for the future, but the fire cannot consume. There is joy in these moments that you are having right now. There are lessons in the moments you having right now...and also, God has a need for you in the moments you are having right now. Jesus made now action without the Fathers approval, right now, God wants me in school, necxt year i think He wants me in Tanzania...I need to start considering Him in my actions, cause then, i will be living more for Him than for myself.


I like these lines too...
36But the witness that really confirms me far exceeds John's witness. It's the work the Father gave me to complete. These very tasks, as I go about completing them, confirm that the Father, in fact, sent me. 37The Father who sent me, confirmed me.

We can live as examples, and our examples will spread truth and reality to people.

I ranted about sex the other day, and body image, because they frsutrate me, because i struggle with them, because sometimes i fear them...but i dont give in to those fears, because i have an image, in Christ, and to him i am wonderful....which also allows me to be humble, and safe in him. i want to live as an example of self-respect, of knowing myself in Christ, and as someone who is content in the love their Father has for them....i hope my actions will confirm that God is good.

God help me in these things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home