betterthanispeak

Time is running! And i gotta move. Wasted minutes, days, and years, no more! These are my thoughts about trying to live a better life. It is one in which my own strenth and beauty bewilders me. Where the ptbo trio rock the sweetest most raddest advetures i have ever been on. One where i am realizing who i am now, and who i will be next. I dont stop searching. Neither should you. So read on, welcome to the crazy life and dreams of Melissa Sharon Russell.

Monday, April 13, 2009

Hmmm.....


So I am finishing university and oddly enough, I seem to have circled right back round to the Your feet my Lord.  

I have tried for long enough now to try to walk on my own.  I have lost my discipline.  My willpower.  My direction.  All because I have been running head straight into everything-I have been running, running and I can't find peace.  I remember the kind of joy you can bring, the sweet taste of honey and the bright rays of the sun.  I am searching for that now.

I need grace.  

We all need a little grace sometimes don't ya think?

Our world is turning into a scary place.  Whole societies just running, running and they have just run right away from any conception of God.  Where has this lead?  How are we living out our lives?  What gods are we serving?  We have replaced the idea of a maker, a creator, a heavens with what?  Money?  Food? Alcohol? Sex? 

There is nothing here that makes me fall to my knees, but there was something that used to.  I used to dance and praise the Lord, fall on my face and cry, leap, shake, shiver and sing for my Lord.  Now, I just run from everything....

There is One who can heal me and I know that.  There is only One who can walk beside me and love me and promise never to leave me.  I know this too.

Who knew it would take four years of schooling to learn what I knew all along.

I think my faith has been through the fire.  I hope that now, it can shine brightly like the sun...


Yours, 

Melissa.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home